This is one of the popular Neutrogena sunscreen products. And it’s made from one of the “alternative” sunscreen ingredients of zinc oxide… So that means it must be reef-safe… … In the case of this Neutrogena sheer zinc sunscreen, it does NOT contain oxybenzone OR octinoxate.
Which Neutrogena sunscreens are reef-safe?
Neutrogena Reef-Safe Sunscreen
- Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 60+, 3 fl oz. …
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30, 3 fl. …
- Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion with SPF 30, 3 fl. …
- Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Face Liquid Sunscreen, SPF 50, 1.4 fl.
What brands of sunscreen are safe for coral reefs?
What Are the Best Reef-Safe Sunscreens?
- Stream2Sea Sport Sunscreen. …
- Supergoop! …
- Badger Clear Zinc SPF 40. …
- Countersun Daily Sheer Defense. …
- REN Clean Skincare Clean Screen Mineral SPF 30. …
- All Good Sport Sunscreen. …
- Raw Love All Natural Mineral Sunscreen. …
- Suntegrity Skincare Natural Mineral Body Sunscreen.
What sunscreen is bad for reefs?
Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3, BP-3) – Sunscreen ingredient that disrupts coral reproduction, causes coral bleaching, and damages coral DNA.
How do you know if sunscreen is reef-safe?
How do I know if a sunscreen is “reef friendly”? … It’s important to actually check the “active ingredients” label on the back of your sunscreen or personal care product to ensure that reef-harming chemicals are not included. The size of minerals can also have an impact.
What sunscreen is banned in Hawaii?
David Ige signed Senate Bill 2571 into law, making Hawaii the first place in the world to ban “the sale, offer of sale, and distribution of sunscreens that contain the chemicals oxybenzone and octinoxate” after many studies showed that those two chemicals cause genetic damage to marine life, including coral reefs.
Is bioderma sunscreen reef-safe?
Corals benefit the global ecosystems.
This is why at BIODERMA we want to make sure our products do not have any impact on coral viability.
Is Bare Republic coral reef-safe?
All of Bare Republic sunscreens are reef friendly per Hawaii Reef Act 104—nary a one contains oxybenzone or octinoxate.
Is CeraVe sunscreen reef-safe?
6 Reef-Safe Sunscreens To Pack For Spring Break and Beyond
It also contains good-for-skin ingredients like green tea leaf extract, which is rich in antioxidants. The CeraVe Hydrating Body Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 ticks all of the SPF boxes: It’s broad spectrum, lightweight and doesn’t leave behind a greasy film.
Is Aveeno reef-safe?
Aveeno Reef-Safe Sunscreen.
What sunscreen does not have oxybenzone and octinoxate?
21 Oxybenzone and Octinoxate Free Sunscreens
- Coola Organic Sunscreen Lotion SPF50.
- Supergoop! …
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Advanced SPF 50+
- Ultrasun Sports Gel SPF 30.
- Altruist Dermatologist Sunscreen SPF 50.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios Melt-In Sunscreen Milk SPF 60.
- Avene Cleanance Very High Protection Sunscreen SPF 50+
Whats the difference between reef-safe and reef friendly sunscreen?
What does “Reef-safe” or “Reef-friendly” Sunscreen Mean? Terms like “reef-safe” or “reef-friendly” are typically used to identify sunscreens that do not contain oxybenzone and octinoxate, two common UV-blocking chemicals, that studies have shown can cause coral bleaching.
Is there a difference between reef friendly and reef-safe?
The recent surge of clean products and mineral sunscreens has been accompanied by the labels “reef friendly” and “reef safe.” The truth is neither of these terms are officially regulated. Sunscreen manufacturers are not required to provide evidence that their products won’t harm marine life.
Is Ocean Potion sunscreen reef-safe?
You’re reef-safe with the SPF 50. … “The Ocean Potion® product line is almost completely made up of reef-friendly products if those interest you at all.” The ingredient Oxybenzone is not reef-safe but is not in the SPF 50 product.